Driffield Monitor Farm update May 2017
We are very dry in East Yorkshire and would really like some rain!
All the spring barley is drilled the last field been done by a local contractor with a strip-till drill as we wanted to retain all the moisture we could.
This has worked well as I hope you can see from the photos below, we did put a small amount of nitrogen down the spout as it was well into April before we got a chance to drill. We had been waiting for our local drainage contractor to put in some more laterals at the wettest side of the field which we back-filled with recycled aggregate to help with permeability.
All fert is on and both T0 and T1s are on. We just have the last field of barley to spray with liberator and the first fungicide and insecticide to apply to the Tundra winter beans.