Sustainable broad-leaved weed management
Sustainable broad-leaved weed management is very important to get right on-farm to ensure good weed control, both now and into the future. Cultural control is not an effective option against many broad-leaved weeds and therefore, effective use and retention of the chemistry that we currently have is extremely important.
This video explains the principles of broad-leaved weed management and the current options and products available, along with best application practice and product stewardship:
Keep in mind the best practice for broad-leaved weed control:
- Monitor your field for weeds and know your spectrum
- Use alternative, effective modes of action
- Apply products when weeds are small and actively growing
- Use products in the appropriate conditions for effective control
- Pay attention to application and rate
With thanks to John Cussans, NIAB, Steve Cramwell, DuPont, Stuart Jackson, Dow AgroSciences and Iain Ford, BASF.